Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sufi Wisdom







Wisdom


I saw these pictures and a wisdom crossed my mind, which says:

I learned that no one else will take my sustenance that Allah (swt) has sent for me, and my heart become confident and assured smile. (by anonymous)


Assalamualaikum

Creating a thread dedicated to all sufi wisdoms InshaALlah.

Once a very poor man came to Imam Jafar bin Muhammad as Sadiq and told him that in spite of his best efforts, there was no improvement in his financial matters and he remained poor and deprived. The Imam advised him to recite a du’a after Ishaa prayers regularly.

O Allah, verily I do not know wherefrom I will get my sustenance. Indeed to look for it I lay myself open to possible risks which threaten my heart. I go round in its search to (many) cities. There I (wander) as its seeker. Truly, I do not know whether it is in the plain, or on the mountain, or in the earth, or in the sky, or under the earth or in the sea. From where and through whom it will reach me? At all events, I know, its system (of production and distribution) is in Your power (because) You are, as creator, know all about its (availability, quantity and quality). Through Your grace and mercy it is distributed. O my sustainer give me abundant sustenance, make easy for me its seeking, let its source be near me and let me not in vain run after the sustenance You have not selected for me, because You do not want to punish me whereas I am always in need of Your mercy. Give generously Your superabundant bounties to Your servant, (because) verily You are the owner of limitless gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment