Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Notes from my YMATV class (Imam Ibn Hajar Asqalani rha)


During some of his supplications and entreaties, a devotee said, "O my Lord!
* Tulul-Amal (thinking that my lifespan will be long) has deluded me,
*Hubbu-d-Dunya (love of the world) has destroyed me,
*Shaytan has misled me,
*the Nafsul-Ammarah (who is always inclines to evil) prevented me from abiding by the Truth,
*my wicked companion helped me in disobedience,
So save me (Ya Allah!) O Helper of those who seek help! If You do not have mercy on me then who will?"

Rasullullah (saw) said, "There will come a time upon my ummah when they will love five things and forget five others:
*they will love this world (dunya) and forget the next world
*they will love life and forget death
*they will love palaces and forget the grave
*they will love wealth and forget the (Day of) Account; and
*they will love creatures and forget the Creator"

Yahya ibn Mu'adh al-Razi (ra) said in his entreaties and supplication ,
"O My Lord!
*the night is only pleasant to me when I supplicate to You
*the day is only pleasant to me when I obey You
*this world is only pleasant to me when I remember You;
*the Hereafter will only be pleasant to me if I receive Your pardon; and
*Paradise will only be pleasant to me if I see You."

Rasullullah (saw) said, "Six things are strangers in six siuations
*the Masjid is a stranger amongst people who do not pray;
*the Qu'ran is a stranger in a household where it is not read;
*the memorised Qu'ran is a stranger in the heart of a fasiq (an open sinner);
*a righteous Muslim woman is a stranger in the hands of an oppressive husband of bad character;
* a pious Muslim man is a stranger in the hands of an evil wife of bad charater;
*and an 'Alim (Islamic scholar) is a stranger amongst a group of people who do not listen to him."
Then he (saw) said, "Verily Allah the Exalted will not look at them on the Day of Judgement in a merciful manner."

for live streaming classes log on to http://www.ymatv.com/?live  every tues and fri nite 8pm Melbourne Time (GMT+10)

No comments:

Post a Comment