Thursday, April 30, 2009
Jumaah Mubarak-Benefits of SUratul Kahf
Reciting Suratul Kahf
Of course we should all try to recite this surah everyday and the other portions of the Qur'an but i thought i'd just highlight the virtues of reciting this particular surah, especially on fridays as stated in hadith. Please if possible more shared on this surah and others too would be much appreciated. Jazakallah
Reciting Suratul Kahf on Friday
Suratul Kahf - Makkan Surah 18th Surah in the Qur'an, ayat number 110
There are many ahadeeth that enumerate the blessings of this surah in its entirety and regarding the first or last ten ayaat.
1. Abu Darda' ~ may Allah be pleased with him ~ related that the Holy Prophet ~ ~ said, " One who memorized the first ten verses of Suratul Kahf will be secure against the Dajjal (Anti-Christ). Another version says: "One who commits to his memory the last 10 verses of this surah will remain immune from the Dajjal. [Muslim]
2. From Baihaqi: He who recites Suratul Kahf on yaumul Jumuah (Friday), Allah will shine a light for him between the two Fridays. [sahih]
3. From Ahmad, Muslim, An-Nisaa'ie, and Ibn Habban -- that Abu Darda' said the Messenger of Allah ~ ~ said, "Whoever reads the last 10 ayat from Suratul Kahf, he will be immune from the fitnah (corruption) of the Dajjal.
4. Al Bukhari, Muslim and others: Al Baraa' said a man was reading Suratul Kahf in his home and there was an animal in it (it did not specify if it was a cat or dog or goat -- it just used the general term for animal) that started to become uneasy or nervous. He looked up and saw a mist or a cloud and it deceived him. He mentioned it to the Messenger of Allah ~ ~ and he said, "Read (he said the person's name) for verily sakinah descends for (the recitation of) Qur'an". The person who was reading was 'Aseed bin Hadheer, as At-Tubraani explained.
5. From At-Tirmithi who proclaimed it sahih: Abu Darda' said, "The Messenger of Allah ~ ~ said, 'Whoever reads 3 ayat from the beginning of Suratul Kahf is protected or immune from the fitnah of the Dajjal. In another version it says 10 ayat from the beginning of it or 10 ayat from the end of it.
6. Ibn Mardwiyah Al Daiya' in "Al Mukhtaar" related that Ali ~ may Allah be pleased with him ~ said that the Messenger of Allah ~ ~ said: "Whoever reads(Suratul) Kahf on yaumul Jumuah, he is immune for 8 days from all fitnah that will happen. When the Dajjal comes out, he will be immune to him.
7. Found in At-Tubraani's "Al Awsat" and Al Haakim's "Mustadrak" and who declared it sahih, Ibn Mardwiyah and Al Baihaqi and Al Diyaa': Abu Saeed Al Khudari said that the Messenger of Allah ~ ~ said, "Whoever reads Suratul Kahf has a light for him from "maqaamahu" his place (where he is standing) to Makkah; and whoever reads 10 ayat from the end of it (the last 10 ayat) then the Dajjal comes out, he will not be harmed by him.
8. Al Haakim who said it is sahih -- the hadith of Abu Saeed -- that the Messenger of Allah ~ ~ said, "Whoever reads Suratul Kahf on yaumul Jumuah, a light will shine for him between the 2 Fridays (until the next Friday).Al Baihaqi also provided that hadith in "As Sunan" from the same narrators and from a different chain.
9. Ibn Mardwiyah from Ibn Omar ~ may Allah be pleased with them both ~ who said the Messenger of Allah ~ ~ said, "Whoever reads Suratul Kahf on yaumul Jumuah, for him light would shine from beneath his foot to 'Aden in the heavens, shining for him on the Last Day and he will be forgiven for what occurs between the 2 Fridays (minor sins)
10. On the authority of Aiesha ~may Allah be pleased with her~ the Messenger of Allah ~ ~ said, "Shall I not inform you of a surah which is so full of greatness it reaches between the heaven and earth and it has blessings written for it of similar proportions (from the sky to earth) whoever reads it on yaumul Jumuah is forgiven what occurred between that Jumuah and the next, in addition to 3 days (i.e. 10 days in all) and whoever reads the last five ayat of it when he goes to sleep, Allah will send him that night what he wants? They said, Yes, O Messenger of Allah. He said: Surat Ashaabul Kahf. [I pray that I have translated this correctly. May Allah forgive me if I have not conveyed it correctly as these are the words the His Messenger,peace be upon him.]
Note: Thursday evening is technically "the night of Friday" so if you began your reading or even completed it on Thursday night, then it counts for your readingit on Friday
May Allah keep forgive us all and keep us on the path of those whom he favours!
Know that the state of one's religious and worldly affairs depend upon soundness of one's reflection. Anyone who has a share of it has an abundant share of everything good. It has been said : 'An hour's reflection is better than a year's worship.' 'Ali, may God ennoble his face, has said: 'There is no worship like reflection.' And one of the gnostics; may God have mercy on them all, said: 'Reflection is the lamp of the heart; if it departs the heart will have no light.' Reflections by Imam Al-Haddad (ra)